Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gabriel Nestor Sandoval






I never posted on the blog that I was pregnant again but I was and the baby was suppose to be due July 20th.... of course that did not happen. At 4 am on June 2nd, I started feeling contractions. They started getting stronger and stronger so we decided to go to the hospital after calling the doctor. Luckily, Nestor's sister Grace was willing to pick up Gavin on the way to the hospital, which was 40 minutes away. The whole time in the car I thought I was about to have the baby because the pain was horrible. My sister was kind enough to talk to me during the trip. When we got to the labor and delivery room, the nurses could not find the heartbeat of the baby. They did a sonogram and could just make out a heartbeat. My doctor came in and saw what was happening and rushed me to the surgery room right then, leaving Nestor in the delivery room not knowing what was happening. It took 52 seconds for my doctor to perform my c-section ( a record for her) and get the baby out. Gabriel Nestor Sandoval was born at 6:42 am. He was not breathing at birth but was resuscitated and rushed to the NICU. Gabriel spent the next 3 weeks in the NICU under special care. We are blessed to have a healthy baby boy. My placenta had completely separated and that is way Gabe came so early. It was a rough start but now, 3 months later, we are all happy and love our growing family.
A huge thanks to our family and friends that helped out during our recovery!!! I especially want to thank my mother, who spent three long weeks driving me back and forth to the hospital, cleaning, cooking, and watching Gavin.

No comments: